What is Customer Service vs. Customer Experience? Customer service is typically post-sale reactive assistance to customers who have a question or complaint.
Customer experience includes customer service as well as pre-sale assistance by marketing and sales and others, customer success, and many aspects of the customer journey that are not direct interactions with the seller.
Ideally, customers would need customer service only when there is a change in the customer’s life situation, such as location, name, weather effects, etc. To achieve this, the seller must be fully aligned to customers’ expectations.
See also: Customer Experience Playbook
This is a glimpse into what you gain from ClearAction Experience Leadership Mastery.
What You Can Do to Master Experience Leadership
- Get a sounding board for work you have underway.
- Request a rapid action template session to kickstart your progress in any area.
- Enroll your senior leadership team and board in our 2-hour C-Suite Guide to CX Growth working session.
- Enrich your experts’ wisdom in this direction via Experience Leadership for Experts and Executives.
- Redirect your CX/EX/PX strategy to this sensible approach by encouraging all experience managers (customer, employee, partner experience) to learn the full spectrum of skills needed: Foundational, Intermediate, Ongoing.
- Apply ongoing wisdom with your whole department in the Experience Value Exchange.
Subscribe to our newsletters:
- ‘Ease of Work & Business’ Growth for your C-Suite and Board.
- CX Skill-Building for Marketing, PX, CX, CS, and EX professionals’ self-managed career growth.
YOU are a vital cog in your enterprise’s success in the ways you collect, share, and advocate experience insights!
- Clear Ways to Influence Action for CMOs and CCOs’ indispensable value.
- ClearAction Continuum newsletter: weekly CX ROI lesson and roundup of what’s new and upcoming.