What is Customer Success vs. Customer Experience? Customer success is typically post-sale proactive assistance to ensure customers’ objectives are met.
Customer experience includes customer success as well as pre-sale assistance by marketing and sales and others, customer service, and many aspects of the customer journey that are not direct interactions with the seller.
Customer success is most common in B2B firms with software as a service, to increase the likelihood that customers will renew their subscriptions.
Ideally, expectations VoC educates every group in the seller’s business about customers’ objectives and expectations to minimize gaps between what’s delivered and what’s promised. This would make customers’ success almost automatic.
See also: Customer Experience Playbook
This is a glimpse into what you gain from ClearAction Experience Leadership Mastery.
What You Can Do to Master Experience Leadership
- Get a sounding board for work you have underway.
- Request a rapid action template session to kickstart your progress in any area.
- Enroll your senior leadership team and board in our 2-hour C-Suite Guide to CX Growth working session.
- Enrich your experts’ wisdom in this direction via Experience Leadership for Experts and Executives.
- Redirect your CX/EX/PX strategy to this sensible approach by encouraging all experience managers (customer, employee, partner experience) to learn the full spectrum of skills needed: Foundational, Intermediate, Ongoing.
- Apply ongoing wisdom with your whole department in the Experience Value Exchange.
Subscribe to our newsletters:
- ‘Ease of Work & Business’ Growth for your C-Suite and Board.
- CX Skill-Building for Marketing, PX, CX, CS, and EX professionals’ self-managed career growth.
YOU are a vital cog in your enterprise’s success in the ways you collect, share, and advocate experience insights!
- Clear Ways to Influence Action for CMOs and CCOs’ indispensable value.
- ClearAction Continuum newsletter: weekly CX ROI lesson and roundup of what’s new and upcoming.