How to get CX buy-in? Getting buy-in to any CX effort or purchase is all about MONEY. It’s executives’ job to ensure money outflows maximize money inflows.
So, show relative size. Relative means you’re comparing it versus normal or versus the big picture. Size means percentage of normal or of the big picture. Show relative size as small vs. medium vs. large circles. Or show it by bars.
A particularly effective format is bars above and below a line. The line represents normal or last period or industry performance, etc. Percent is quantity of comments or ratings or returns or hours or any behaviors of customers or those serving customers. Money is any cost or revenue. Partial is fine. Always include a footnote showing source and scope of your data.
When executives see how big the bars are below and above the line, your point becomes crystal clear. If they do nothing, this is the size of your business that may be affected.
For CX buy-in, your goal is to inspire them to exclaim: “That can’t stand!” When they feel this, it means you’re getting their buy-in: commitment to make change happen.
See also: Customer Experience Playbook
This is a glimpse into what you gain from ClearAction Experience Leadership Mastery.
What You Can Do to Master Experience Leadership
- Get a sounding board for work you have underway.
- Request a rapid action template session to kickstart your progress in any area.
- Enroll your senior leadership team and board in our 2-hour C-Suite Guide to CX Growth working session.
- Enrich your experts’ wisdom in this direction via Experience Leadership for Experts and Executives.
- Redirect your CX/EX/PX strategy to this sensible approach by encouraging all experience managers (customer, employee, partner experience) to learn the full spectrum of skills needed: Foundational, Intermediate, Ongoing.
Subscribe to our newsletters:
- ‘Ease of Work & Business’ Growth for your C-Suite and Board.
- CX Skill-Building for Marketing, PX, CX, CS, and EX professionals’ self-managed career growth. You are a vital cog in your enterprise’s success in the ways you collect, share, and advocate experience insights!
- Clear Ways to Influence Action for CMOs and CCOs’ indispensable value.